Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Projects targeting .NET Compact Framework 1.0 require version 1.1 of the .NET Framework, which is not detected on this machine.

I tried to compile a C# solution, containing one Smartphone 2003 .NET Compact Framework 1.1 project, in Visual Studio 2005 and got the following error:

Projects targeting .NET Compact Framework 1.0 require version 1.1 of the .NET Framework, which is not detected on this machine.

This has been explained on the MSDN page here.

Apparently, the .NET Framework 1.1 was not installed on my machine. This framework can be downloaded here.

One thing worth noting is that having the .NET Framework 2.0 is not sufficient to build the .NET Framework 1.1 projects. We need to get it installed on the machine first!

1 comment:

Vivek said...

is there any problem to my other projects, if installed 1.1 version into my computer.I have already 2.0 framework installed.